This is the design for an FPGA implementation of an IBM 2065 CPU emulator. As I have insufficient documentation on the IBM 2065, and because I don't have a copy of the ROS contents of the 2065, this is really an IBM 7201-2 CE emulator with 7201-specific bits stripped out.
Major subcomponents are:
- cpu - actual CPU emulation
- blinken - interface to an IBM 2065 console panel w/shift registers
- corememory - 256 KB of main memory (dual-ported between cpu and ioce)
- ioce - interface for the IOCE emulator running on the PC
- pcie - PCIE endblock to communicate with the PC (*)
This design is intended to be implemented on the Xilinx ML509 / XUPV5 developer board.
(*) A Xilinx PCI Express Endpoint Core example design needs to be added for this design to work. I cannot include that here because of copyright restrictions.